"Richard Bell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
I think we all need to remember that the FCC is part of the Executive branch
of our Federal government.  That means the ultimate boss of the commission
is the President.  I honestly believe we need to begin with the President
(and I am not choosing sides at this point) to make our position known.

Granted some lower level aide will probably see the letters and either route
them to the FCC or more probably the large circular file.  But, he will keep
a log of incoming correspondence that his boss should be reviewing to get a
sense of the public's reaction to public policy.

We should also be contacting our  respective members of Congress (House and
Senate).  I would put less emphasis on this activity because this issue will
be real low on their radar.  And, most will probably encourage us to contact
the FCC to register our concern (but there are a few hams in Congress like
Mike Ross, WD5DVR, D-Arkansas, who may be willing to go to the Commission to
voice their concern).

I have a sense of how this is "suppose to" work, after spending 7 years as a
senior member of a constitutional officer's staff (no names are going to be
mentioned).  It takes a ground swell of support to change the direction of
government, but it can be done.

Sorry for the dissertation on government but I do hope it helps.

73  WA9BXE