"Carel, PA0CMU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Vic,

It might be the powerline wiring from the on/off switch on the front panel to the connector on the rear panel. The 60 Hz /110V signal introduces a hum in the audio circuits.
We modified the PS-7 by mounting a switch on the frontpanel and disabled the original on/off switching. Due to that, the PA fan must be replaced too. We used a cheap 12V computer fan. Now you can use your TR7 with forced cooling in the field too!

73, Carel - PA0CMU.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [drakelist] TR-7 Receiver Noise
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:04:27 +0000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterence to the drakelist gang
Greetings.
I recently put a TR-7 on the air that I purchased several months ago. All is fine except that there is what I can best describe as a low frequency "rumble" noise that is most noticable when using headphones. It is very audible even with the RF gain set to max and the audio gain set to min. I have listed with another receiver and do not hear this noise, so I don't think I have any interference in the shack.
When tuning in signals, there does not appear to be any distortion, but the background noise is very noticable.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Vic K5TAG
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/