Harold Polk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- On Dec 13, 2004, at 7:36 AM, Carel, PA0CMU wrote:

"Carel, PA0CMU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
Hi Dieter and group,

Unfortunately, I don't remember which transistor it was. It most likely was located on
the 2nd IF / Audio board.

It is Q1113 a 2N3904 (the last stage before the audio IC) who caused a same kind of "noise and rumble" in the TR7A of PA3AJI. The replacement is a BC549, a low noise type transistor.

I have a TR7 that tends to break into osc. in the audio area. The sound is hear on RX and is also present faintly on TX. A Drake engineer said he had never heard of it happening before and could not find it when the radio was sent to Drake for service. The sound begins after about 30 minutes of use and can be stopped by keying the mic but sometimes it will not stop at all. Anyone heard of this happening before and if you have what did you do to fix it.
Serial number of radio is a little on the plus side of 4000 I don't have the extender boards so working on the radio if a bit difficult for this type of thing.
Harold