Hi Jim,

Years ago, my college radio club (Case Amateur Radio Club - W8EDU) had both a C-line and a B-line. The C-line was considered the better station. I presently have a C-line and recognize that the performance is much better than the B-line. One thing I know of is that the C uses a crystal filter in the first IF (newer radios call this a "roofing filter.") This goes a long way to increasing the receiver's dynamic range. Operationally, it can hear stations that other radios will never pick up. The B-line uses, I believe, an RC circuit in the first IF.

I am sure that the experts on the list will have many more comparisions to make for you.

73,

Eric KA8FAN

"James E. Lanier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would like to hear from those of you who have used both. What are your opinions?

1) Electrical Performance Comparisons

2) Mechanical performance (PTO tuning etc.)

Thanks,

Jim N4BPM

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! – What will yours do?