"Tim Kass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang
I have had both as well and the late model C line (serial # 25K) is preferred in terms of selectivity, however, that said, on the C line, the passband does not function in the AM mode, and therefore, for shortwave broadcasting listening, I prefer the somewhat broader and richer sound from the B line. The B line was a complete radio out of the box, 4 selectable L/C filters, built in Noise blanker, etc. The C line, these were options, the xtal filters were certainly better as was the noise blanker, but by the time you get what you want, you have spent a great deal more money on the C line. Personally, I still prefer the B line, richer-warmer sound to it. But again, depends what you want. I I wanted a contest radio, I wouldnt choose a Drake now anyways, but for casual rag chewing, get the B line and save a few bucks.

73, Tim
K8WBL

From: "John_K7FD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <drakelist@www.zerobeat.net>
Subject: RE: [drakelist] R4B vs R4c
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:34:59 -0800

"John_K7FD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterence to the drakelist gang ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Having had both lines, only the B line gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside... :) The C line never captured that certain feeling for me...

73 John K7FD

Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page: http://www.zerobeat.net
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/