"Joe Roth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I was fortunate to find an L4B to complete my Drake C-line station. The tubes are supposed to be fairly new. The power supply just had diodes replaced. I carefully (slowly) turned the amp on and everything came quietly to life. Those 3-500Z's are the prettiest things next to a Christmas tree!

Here is the trouble. I tried to drive it with 20 watts (T4XC). The grid current is off the scale. A mere 10 watts drive will bring it to full scale. Plate voltage and amps read zero no matter what. The amp's T/R relay engages but no RF out at all. I tried this on 20 & 40 meters with the same result.

What should I check next gang? Bad tubes? Bad L4-PS?

Thanks!!

Joe, N4ARI