<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang

--
> I stopped in to see Frank today only to discover that
> he is closing his doors at the end of December.
> He found out yesterday that everything must be out of
> the 3 story building by the end of the month.  WOW!!

Well.......I'm not saying that this is not true THIS TIME,
but.....

I visited Ladd Electronics in 1984 one afternoon.
He had a BUNCH of old tube ham gear. I walked out of there with my wallet empty
and enough stuff to fill up my Dodge
Caravan!

However, I did have to listen to his diatribe about how he was going out of
businees "next month". Remember this
was in 1984.

For the last TWENTY ONE YEARS whenever I have
visited Frank he always going out of business "NEXT MONTH"
EVERY time....I would say I have been there a dozen or so times in the last 21
years, and every single time he bitterly told me how he was going out of
business "next month". Once he even had pictures of where he was going to stash
his inventory, because no one was interested in buying
him out. This was in the mid nineties and again when I visited Frank in 2000,
he was going out of business "next month".

BTW, I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Frank
has a reputation locally for going out of business "next month".

I'm not saying that THIS TIME it's not true, but as they say, "I've heard this
before". Maybe this time it's for real?

73 de Dan -- WAØJRD ..