"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:07:50 -0500, Jason Buchanan wrote:

>All this is partially moot until he's accepting orders but i'd like to
>prepare now - i'm open to other soft start inrush limiter ideas as well.

You can use NTC (negative temperature coefficient) inrush limiters such
as what is used in virtually every PC power supply these days - they
usually look like a big black ceramic capacitor. The ones in PC power
supplies are sized just about right for tube amatuer gear actually; I
"liberated" one from a dead PC supply and installed it in my AC4, and
there was a noticable reduction in the turn-on "thump". There was a
nice writeup on these on one of the R390A websites. Look here:

http://www.skirrow.org/Boatanchors/TechTalk3.pdf

--
Jim Shorney      -->.<--Put complaints in this box
jshorney (at) inebraska.com