I just want to thank all of the folks that helped me solve my Drake TR-4 Problem,
regarding no drive on the x-cw position and the Hissy and Bassey sound when
receiving ssb signals. First I tried series and Parraleling  condensers with the
9 mHz crystal, which didn't work. Then I purchased a 9mHz crystal from International
Radio and installed it and everything seems to be working fine. The hard ( nervous)
part was removing the old crystal and installing the new 9MHz crystal. The
next time I am at a flea market or whatever I will purchase those surgeon tools
that you wonder why anyone would want these items, now I know. Thanks
again to the many folks that provided great information and help. -Karl WA20VJ
Penfield NY.