[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Keith Hamilton wrote:

> Has anyone tried the soft-start current limiting boxes sold by Sigtomics
> (http://sigtomics.com)? Would that help prolong the life of the on-off
> switch as well as the transformer?  My AC-4 really "thumps" when I turn
> my T-X4C transmitter on. Seems a better solution than a cheap computer
> power strip. Or not?

I've got the 600/1000W version for amps.  I've used it with my R-4B and
T-4XB plugged into a power strip from the lower wattage outlet on the
sigtomics box - when plugging the sigtomics box into a wall outlet the
R-4B and T-4XB (and AC-4) are silent when coming on...  no thump at all.

If I knew what make/model of thermistors were in the sigtomics box I'd buy
a few (they can't cost more than a dollar each) and put them in the power
strips.  The voltage does not sag between idle and key down - so despite
my earlier concerns about thermistors and voltage sag it seems to work
quite well.

--
73 Jason N1SU
http://n1su.com/