Kevin LaHaie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Hello

I have inherited a TR7/PS7/MN7 station, which was not working, but rumored to have a power supply problem. Turns out it was the power supply regulation board was shutting down the supply after reaching about 4 volts.. By removing a feedback lead, the supply would regulate to 13.5v. I replaced the key components on the board - the regulator chip (NTE equivalent), a couple of transistors, a zener, resistor values all check OK, so the problem is not the 723 chip, but some part of the over-voltage protection function. It is not the is large clamping diode that grounds the supply in case of a runaway, but somewhere in the 'feedback loop' to the 723.

2 Questions:

1. anybody have an idea what could be causing this? I have not replace ALL the parts (yet!) 2. Does anybody know where to get a higher quality schematic scan - the one I have is pretty 'muddy', with some voltages at key points on the circuit being unreadable, which will no doubt lead me to the solution.

Thanks in advance to the members of a great list!

73 Kevin K7ZS

---
[This E-mail Scanned for viruses by Online Northwest]