Im using WW2 vintage JAN tubes in some of my audio equipment and it works great. But, it just depends.

Mark
W0NCl

-----Original Message-----
From: Goss, Ed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Gary Poland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; drakelist@www.zerobeat.net
Sent: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:09:34 -0400
Subject: RE: [drakelist] shelf life of tubes

"Goss, Ed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
There is no magic number; too many variables including design of the tube, how
well the procedure for manufacturing was developed, how well the procedure was
followed, quality control of fabrication equipment, handling of the tube after
manufacture, and many others....
--Ed, N3CW--