Well...

got the new final tubes, and while I was waiting on the them to show up, i dug deeper into the tr-3.

found the three cathode resistors were split open... they must have been somewhat there as the tubes were drawing current,. WIth my finger tip, I was able to simple pop them apart.... waiting on new carbon film resistors to show up from mouser.

in the meantime, i still have trouble with the s-meter.....

If I turn the rf gain down, the meter does not go up scale... swapping out some tubes, I can get the meter to swing upwards, but it's pegs...

calibrator pushes the s-meter off scale on onto the peg as well..

any thoughts???

mike

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE

 the heathkit shop