Good evening...

I discovered something today which perplexes me.  That may be primarily because
I am not the world's most technically capable person, but if you can explain
this to me, I'd be very appreciative.

Using the tuner with a newly constructed wire antenna, I discovered, much to my
surprise, that when I set the switches under the tuning knobs to the first
position (0-10) and the dial to "10" I got a different result than when I set
the switches to the second position (10-20) and the dial to "0".  My
non-technical mind says, intuitively, "10 = 10," so why do I get the different
result?  In order to get the same result, the dial must be set to about "7"
with the switch in the first position to get the same result as when the
position is in the second position and set at "0".

Clearly, the world will continue to turn on its axis if I can't get an answer
to this, but, as usual, I'm curious when 10 is, apparently, not equal to 10.
And that doesn't even touch the confusion factor.....

Thanks, in advance,

Karl, K1KO
Virginia Beach, VA