Steve Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I have only been stung once on e-bay and that was when I first started buying vintage equipment there. I bought a Vibroplex bug that was in mint condition and had been tested. When it arrived, the broken parts were also lovingly packed in the box. It was missing the connection straps underneath the base. It was not even functional, much less tested. Fortunately, Mitch there at Vibroplex had the necessary parts and it now works just fine. His is a rare company that can supply parts for a product more than 50 years old. I expect that most equipment that is vacuum tube based is as cantankerous as I am, and it is mostly newer than I am. So, one can plan on having some work to do with anything bought on e-bay or elsewhere. My objection is that vendors misrepresent equipment they are selling. I have bought items which the seller was honest and said that there were problems. No problem with that. I prefer buying and selling on lists such as this or on the Boatanchors list, or from people I know from these lists. Still a thread like this is useful since it makes me aware of potential problems in advance.

73,

Steve WA9JML