  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laird Tom N
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:27 AM
To: Frank Krozel; drakelist@www.zerobeat.net
Subject: [drakelist] RE: audio waveform has warble/hum on it!

Guess what;

I just pick up a TR-7 last week and I heard that voice warble on it too!
Ever so slight, but I heard it. I checked into the Drake technical net over
the weekend and no one on the net heard of that problem. The more I listen
to the TR-7, the less noticable the warble, maybe it's dirty switch contacts
and just the fact that I'm exercising them helps?

Tom Laird W9QI

Moline, IL.

  _____

On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK, my TR-7 is getting back in line to what it left Ohio many years ago.

I have been listening pretty critically on the receive and it seemed on SSB
like there was a slight warble on the audio.  When going to CW it was harder
to hear but still there.  (I listen to 35+WPM so maybe I couldn't hear it.)

Went to the Calibrator and it seems like the 25kHz calibrator signal is
"jumping" up and down (in voltage) slightly, maybe  +/- 3% or so on the
scope.  Audio-wise it is hard to hear but.. it is there - warbling ever so
slightly.  There is also some sort of "other signal" in the background. The
other signal is much lower in frequency, maybe 60Hz?  but the same
amplitude!

The scope seemed like it had problems syncing...  Any thoughts on this?
Frank KG9H