"VE3AX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
HI all;

Been a while since I needed the technical services of this group but after an evening of searching I am still buffaloed.

I have a late serial T4XC that goes into transmit mode c/w sidetone as soon as the mode switch is placed in the CW position. AM & SSB positions are fine but on CW the rig keys up with or without a key in the key jack. There is no CW output until you close the key contacts.

Tube substitution of V-10 and the VOX preamp tube do not help.

All 5 diodes on the CW line and VOX circuit were replaced with new ones. (I know, I know, this is not "troubleshooting" - I had a box of 1N4148's!)

This is a 6FQ7 Vox tube version. All voltages are within spec on the tube pins and all resistances are on spec for this version (per Garey Barrell's VERY useful C-Line Technical CD) with the single exception of pin 7, the grid of V-10B. I am getting 1 megohm instead of 2 megohms. Guess more checking of resistor values in that area is required.

Anyone else solve a similar experience and can shorten my bench time?

Thanks in advance!

Peter
VE3AX