I think everyone is missing a really simple and obvious cure for this
problem.  There are two small holes on the back of the T-4XC as it comes
from the factory.  They are located almost opposite, and very close to the
socket of the relay! I simply put in a threaded RCA jack, and used some 20
gauge wire to hook it up to the contacts that the wires to the power supply
occupy.  This gives the purists a way to easily restore the unit to factory
original.  BTW, does anyone know what motivated Drake engineers to put the
"vox relay contacts" on the AC-4 in the first place?  My AC-4/MS-4 combo
spend their time on the floor, under the operating desk, which wasn't a
convenient place to hook up the linear.
73
Fred
N7FK

Sure would be nice if someone would just measure that aluminum plate
and pass it around

This is basic child's play. All you have to do is remove the bottom cover
of the AC-4 and you can easily make the measurements. The RCA jack you will
use will provide the measurement for that hole. BTW, the kit that is being
sold is an official Drake modifuication kit.

73 and Happy New Year,

John,  W4AWM