[EMAIL PROTECTED] made an utterance to the drakelist gang
GA Jim -

I am a bit confused. The RS series Astrons are conventional power supplies....Not switching. Do you mean the SS - 3ØM?

The cost of 25A power supply Rating of an SS-3Ø for continuous duty is probably more than you would pay for a PS-7 in good condition. So why go to the trouble and expense of using a PS not meant for your rig?

Let's also consider the fact that you would also have to purchase the proper Jones Plug to mate the PS with the TR-7, replace the fan on TR-7 with a 12VDC fan or run a separate AC line to the fan, provide a different switching arrangement if you run an amplifier, etc. etc.

Something to thing about.

73,
Jay/AF2C