Received several excellent suggestions - and am grateful. I especially liked the one where it was mentioned the RV-75 doesn't have dial strings! Point well taken! So the slippage is due to a faulty clutch or something (obviously, I've never been inside it). Har!

Thanks again, guys, you're the best!

Ray N6HE