From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ron Wagner
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; recipient list not shown:
Subject: Re: [drakelist] TR7 at FD

Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Question on the subject of hear/not hear.

Although I know the "book definition" of phase noise.  Can anyone describe
to me what it sounds like?  I actually have a couple early fully
synthesized rigs here to sell for a friend (one I guess actually noted for
its phase noise).  I would like to set them up and listen to hear what I
am "missing" with the TR7 (yes the TR7 has some too, as do all synthesized
signals).

Is it simply background noise, or noise modulation/intermod of the
TX/RX signals, or both or ???

Thanks.

Regards,
Ron