Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Carl -

Progress!

The 6GJ5's will work fine on 10M. Try and get Sylvania, Zenith, RCA or GE brands if possible, and best if all three are the same.

Check the meter resistor, and also check the screen and cathode resistors for the finals. The should be within 5% tolerance, or at least within 5% of each other.

The TR-3 and early TR-4 final cage didn't have a "top" at all.

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi  to the group,
T4 is getting there...have the new AC-4R board kit on the AC3 unit and now when I turn on the rig at least I don't hear the transformer windings bang on. Board was easy. I had to scrounge a bit for the correct color wires with the new "no wire" kit but I did and it follows the instructions very easily even to the correct colors.
Now at least I feel that it can finally get on the air....  WEEEELLLL
Now that PS done went looking at tubes, after reading all about neutralizing....woops...one 6JB6 and two 6KM6's. Right now all things considered am thinking of three 6GJ5's to get things up and running although from reading the archives they probably will not function well on 10M. At least I can get the unit aligned. After more reading I have to check the meter resistor to verify, ergo correct bias voltage adjustment....if its not one thing its another. Still looking for the complete cage for the PA's. anyone out there got one from a TR3 or TR4 they are scrapping out ? 73's Carl Hibbard WD8NHK