I purchased a Weller WD-1002 - very nice comes up quick has 3 preset temps
  a great soldering station with lots of options. I bought it on All spec
website!

  73,
  Bill  N4ZI

Jim Shorney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Jim Shorney" made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:23:16 -0700 (PDT), Bill Ellis wrote:

>My trusty WEN 75, you know the one that looks like a pistol, has finally died
>and trying to get tips has been a chore. I looking at one of these variable
>temperatir\ue/wattage soldering stations. Any recommendations out there?

I've used both Weller and Hako.

--
Ham Radio NU0C
TR7/RV7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C, L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain