To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 3:36 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] R-4B alignment question

Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
DW -

The 12.6 MHz crystal is required to align the 160M band. If you don't have one, that's probably why you have no signals on 160!! :-)

The crystal was optional, and would be in an accessory crystal socket and selected by the XTALS switch for 160M operation.

Drake 2-B, 4-B & C-Line Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

DW Holtman wrote:
Hello,
I'm in the process of going through a R-4B. Have already recapped the paper and electrolytic caps and changed out of tolerance resistors. Now it is working great from 40 meters and up. But, I have low sensitivity on 80 meters and almost no Receive on 160. The Cal barely moves the S-Meter on 80 and it doesn't budge on 160. I'm going to do a complete alignment. After looking through the manual, the section on aligning the "Antenna, RF and Injection circuits", call for a 12.6 MHZ crystal. Is there a work around for the 12.6 Mhz crystal? I don't have one.
 Thank you in advance.
 Best,
DW Holtman
WB7SSN