Dick,

What is the frequency that is displayed and is it different than the two
"fixed frequencies" that are programmed into the RV75?

If you're getting the x.150 frequency, I would suspect that the optical
encoder circuitry is at fault (that is, you're not getting a fixed frequency as
much as you're not able to change the power on frequency).  If you're stuck on
one of the two programmed fixed frequencies, I would suspect the pushbuttons
and
their allied circuitry.

If I were to guess, I would guess the optical encoder.  A bad or misaligned
LED or sensor would give you the problem you are experiencing.  If you have a
scope and the schematic it should be fairly easy to follow the encoder pulses
to see where they stop.  (If you don't have a schematic, I can scan one for you
but it wouldn't be until next week).

One other thing you might check, inside is a switch or jumper that sets the
RV75 for either TR5 or TR7 operation (that is, it indicates to the 'RV75 which
way tune, since the VFO of the TR5 tuned "backwards" compared to the TR7).  I
don't know what would happen if the switch was "mid position" but I suspect it
would do what you are experiencing.

BTW, my adapter article that you cited is to adapt your RV75 to the R7
receiver.

73
Lee WB6SSW

See AOL's top rated recipes