To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Somewhat OT: Experiment

Mark Pilant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Thank you all very much.

Here was the motivation for the experiment...

I just recently purchased a TR-3/RV-3/AC-3/W-7 on eBay, and the
the shopping costs were shown as $44.00.  I assumed, since I had
know reason to think otherwise, this what what the seller specified
for shipping charges.  I was a little surprised when the actual
shipping charges came in at $120.00.  (I have always sold items
specifying the buyer will bay the actual shipping charges.)

We agreed to split the difference (of $44 and $120) and all went
well.  However, I got to thinking the shipping costs might be
generated by eBay.  It appears this is the case.

So I just sent the seller the remaining shipping amount to make sure
everything was square; and he did not get the short end of eBay's
"friendly" shipping cost "estimate".

So I guess the bottom line is to make sure, if it is not explicitly
stated in the auction, to confirm with the seller what the actual
shipping costs are.

Thank you all for your time and help with my experiment.

73

- Mark  N1VQW