Thank you for the information. I have a little of both I.e. Some corrosion
but also some dust and dirt. Guess I'll break out the swabs!! 73 Lew K1NDV

-------Original Message-------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 01/18/08 14:51:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Need on-off switch R4B

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Also, could use suggestions on best ways to clean the chassis.  Thanks-73
Lew K1NDV
Hi,
Can't help with the switch.

 By cleaning do you mean dust & dirt removal ?  If so rubbing alcohol, or
denatured alcohol and Q-tips.
Others recommend Windex on paper towels.   Keeping the tube lettering on is
a job.
 I you are referring to rust coming through the very thin copper plating and
ergo the steel rusting, have only seen one done (in pictures) and that was
massively taped off, primed and painted with a copper paint.
73's & good luck  Carl WD8NHK