Well if should be the same as the B-line. You connect all the cables on the back, and then set the transcieve swith to which VFO you want to use as the control.

Try these links to get the manuals to explain how to go about this:

http://www.dproducts.be/Drake_Museum/manuals.htm
http://www.wb4hfn.com/DRAKE/DrakeManuals.htm

Be aware that there is one cable that is kind of touchy (I think it is the injection), but the others are "just about anything" will do.

As far as offset of the carrier, the Drakes shift the carrier about 1Kc so that it will pass into the SSB filter. So you are never really zero beat when you tune in the XCVR position.

73,
Ron WD8SBB

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hey Gang:

In anticipation of the coming contests, I would like to be able to operate on
160 meter CW in the "Transceive Mode".

The only reference I could find was in the October 1968 CQ-magazine, written
by Don Schliesser (WA6UFW-now K6RV).? And, it doesn't make a lot of sense to
me....i.e., not clear why mods have to be done both to the T-4XC and R-4C.....

Is there any more recent information on how to do CW-Transceive ???? Running
both VFO's split works OK, but it's a pain in the butt when trying to pull in
a new one on 160 meters (assuming simplex).

Tnx & 73's

Bill W6FF (ex-W6WCW, WB6WCW)
Santa Barbara (almost), Ca.

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy
Awards. Go to AOL Music.