Don't take my word for it, take one apart yourself. Edwin Joe Pyles KC9LAD.

At 09:46 PM 2/18/2008, you wrote:

Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Gary -

Yeah, the explanation that I posted earlier is what Bill told me, and it made sense. He even referred me to a manufacturer that specified the degrees of rotation for that very problem. I learned something, but there's always another "expert" on the internet! :-)

I believe the problem was because a 3k Audio taper, 10k Linear taper and a double-pole double-through switch wasn't something you could find in the catalog and it had to be 'assembled' like CTS offered back then.

The simple explanation is also why the cheapie AC-DC radios didn't have the problem, because those controls were ordered WITH switches.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Gary Poland wrote:

"Gary Poland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Ken,
The low audio with the AF gain fully CCW is normal. It has to do with the make up of the controls that Drake used. I believe that Drake began hand selecting controls for the later TR-7's.

73, Gary