  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 2:58 PM
  Subject: [drakelist] New to me TR-4C and power supply

  Made a trade at the local hamfest saturday and I now have a fairly clean
TR-4C with power supply.  The PS is just the silver box with no speaker like I
have seen before.  I was cautioned by one person there to have the power supply
checked first (good idea).  I'm wondering if there is anyone who rebuilds these
with modern circuit boards to eliminate bad cap problems?

  What else should I look for when getting this back on the air?  The former
owner said it has been boxed in a bedroom closet for 8 years.

  Thanks in advance!  K4RJJ Ronny