"EP Swynar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
On 4th July, Garey wrote...

"...If you have a KEY plugged in, it must be closed (or unplugged) for
SSB..."

***************************************

Hi Garey,

Well, I was HOPING that the solution to my lack of audio on SSB / AM with
the T-4X would have been that easy, but alas, there was no joy in Muddville
(again) when I tried it here (double sigh!).

I measured the resistances on both V9 & V10 afterward, & all appears to be
normal in that regard...next I guess I'll have to measure the actual
voltages themeselves.

The rig fires up on CW splendidly: it tunes up just as outlined in the
manual, has a nice side tone, mutes the R-4, etc. etc. Yet, when I switch to
SSB, I CAN trip the internal relay by pressing the PTT button --- but I get
only a VERY slight indication of plate current (NO output power) in the
mode, and no upward kicks of the meter in any position when tapping the
mic...even with the gain cranked way up.

With the rig set to AM, the plate current DOES swing hard right momentarily
when the PTT is first keyed, but I suspect that has something to do with the
controlled carrier set-up in that mode.

Back to the ol' proverbial drawing board for me, I guess...!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ