  From: Chuck Grandgent
  To: drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2008 7:44 PM
  Subject: Re: [drakelist] El-Cheapo (and El-SIMPLO!) CW Filter

  what am I doing wrong ?
  1/(2*pi * square root of (LC)) (from memory), with those values I get 12000hz

     Chuck, K1OM

  On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM, EP Swynar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    Hi All,

    Saving --- and READING! --- past issues of old radio magazines can be
certainly worth the space and effort...

    To-day, in the October 1970 issue of HAM RADIO (pp. 44 - 46), I stumbled
upon a short piece by W4NVK entitled, "The Simplest Audio Filter".

    And simple it is, indeed...!

    Following the parameters therein for a 380-Hz CW audio frequency, I
connected an 88-mH torroid coil in series with a 2-ufd. capacitor in the
speaker lead of my Drake R-4 receiver...the results are REALLY quite amazing,
and surprisingly effective.

    There are parameters given for CW frequencies of 1200-Hz, down to 380-Hz,
but my ear prefers the lower tones, so I stuck with those particular values.

    If you have a spare 88-mH toroid laying about, along with some extra
capacitors, this is a GREAT, easy-to-add-on adjunct that will only enhance the
CW performance of your vintage commercial rig, or homebrewed creation...and
it's OH SO EASY!

    ~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ