To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Drakelist] TR-7 Board History and head scratching

Hi David,

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:43:46 -0500, David & Chris Drake wrote:

Looking for some historical information on Drake TR-7 boards.

Welcome to the world of undocumented changes. User information like
what you have provided helps add data points for the collective.

All this started because during an alignment, I could'nt get the required voltage on the VCO board, (shy by around 1-1.5v) and found I only had 22 volts going in instead of 24-25v.

I can't answer your specific questions about the board changes, but I
would recommend replacing the electrolytic caps on the PS boards -
expecially C2108. They are getting old, and strange things can happen
as they go bad.

73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
TR7/RV7/R7A/L7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C/L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!