Yes, but do the rare earth magnets suck your 40 meter signal into the fan and then expel it out on 20 meters?

Lee, w0vt

----- Original Message ----- From: "w9nm" <w...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <drakelist@zerobeat.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2009 4:55 PM
Subject: [Drakelist] Mounting Fans

I haven't been on the list very long, and I don't know if this has been covered before:

I used this method for mounting three fans on the radiator for my computer. No physical changes to my TR-4CW/RIT, and easy removal for filter cleaning , I super-glued a couple of rare earth magnets to my fan. The magnets shown are larger in diameter than necessary... but I didn't have any smaller on hand. Also, RTV to mount the fan speed control.

As soon as the smaller magnets (allow more flexibility in positioning) arrive I will replace the large dia magnets.

The following are links to pictures posted on Photobucket.com:

http://tinyurl.com/7rc3cb

http://tinyurl.com/a6d2gp

http://tinyurl.com/6sd48d

Emil