Hello all,
First of ll, I would like to be clear that I nothing to do with the
TR7A auction. I live in Hollland and have never dealt with Radiomart.
This question of 'real' or 'fake' TR7A's has been somewhat skewed in
my opinion...
I have a TR7, which was officially made into a TR7A by an official
Drake distributor here in Holland.
They were given all the front plate exchanges,I saw at least 50 of
them in a bundle, and all material by Drake to upgrade people's TR7's
to TR7A's.
(I saw all of the materials when I was there. They were among the
first Drake dealers in all of Europe, and close  friends of the
founder as well)

What Drake in USA did regarding TR7A's is perhaps another question.

For me anyway, my TR7A is just that, even if it didn't start life off
like that, and I have the official papers to prove it.
I suspect that there are many more units out there like mine in the market.
The information that Drake never upgraded TR7's to TR7A's, as stated
on the Drake Internet museum, just doesn't hold water for all
countries,
and there is obviously more info out there that has not been taken
into account about these upgrades.
Just my 2 cents worth!
Theo