Jeff Covelli, WA8SAJ, wrote and a Hint (or a Kink?) in the February 2005QST,
at page 72, describing making replacement dials.  You can't download the
article, but the League will sell it to you, if you want.

I lost (or tossed) my QST copy, but I'd like to replace the dial on one of my
R4B's.

Dan, K8WV