  From: gypsym...@aol.com
  To: Drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:11 PM
  Subject: [Drakelist] cooling fan noise

  Hello to the group,

  Am working with my TR 5.
  Initially used a R.S. fan but was way to noisy.
  Read the archives.  Evan K9SQG said he used 220 V. ...soo
  A Boxer  230 V. with ball bearings "Pewee" starts and runs fine.
  Still to noisy.  Made neoprene washers for the metal to metal mount...no help.
  I tried closed cell foam pads under the chassis feet...no help.
  NOTED that in open air on a dining room table that it was quiet when sitting
on a bamboo placemat.
  I am using on a desk top, with a shelf for other equipment about 6 inchs
up.....  Echo chamber no..because if I lift it up... QUIET

  Anyone with any thoughts ?
  Carl Hibbard WD8NHK