I am using my TR7 with a modern linear and have come up with what can best
be described as an irritation rather than a problem.
The linear requires only 20watts drive for 400 watts out (our limit).
In SSB the only output control on the TR7 is the Mic Gain.It is a real
fiddle to adjust this for 20 watts and more so to keep it there. The
smallest touch on the gain control can double the output and also it cannot
cope with peaks.
Modern radios have SSB output level separated from Mic Gain.
Any ideas on how to get around this situation?
John GI3KDR