Just wondering why not get another heathkit VTVM?

even on ebay, they're not that expensive, but be sure you get the probe...

I prefer the bench style as it is easier to read than the portable one on my eyes

you just can't beat the VTVM for working on this old stuff. Most of the voltage readings were made with a VTVM at the factory

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced