I had an unfortunate accident. I was using my T-4XC in CW. I finished but left
it in CW mode. I was doing something else in the basement (where the shack is)
when I heard a fizzle. I saw the T-4XC turn off. I ran to it and saw the 6JB6's
fade from orange. The keyer did something bad, and I was not paying attention
(never leave it in CW mode). Not good, but I have several spare 6JB6's. The
fuse in the AC-4 blew. I replace the fuse and the 6JB6's and it powers up
again. I try to neutralize the finals on 10m but get little output and high
current. Not good. I try on 40m and it does tune, but at .4 on the meter I get
low output. Trying the load control gets full output, but pegs the current
meter and I cannot dip the plate. I quickly turn it off.

Cathode resistors test inline at 16 and 30 Ohms. Needs replacing, but probably
not the source of this problem. Tuning is too weird.

There is no obvious burns on the chokes or anywhere else, but I fear for the
bandswitch back there. Hard to get a good look.

Is there more I can check? Or is it time for an expert surgeon?

73,
Bob WW3QB