Well, the T4XC is back; the low output power was due to a power supply ripple on the HV and screen rails . I tuned the low output signal on another receiver and the ripple modulated problem was quite evident. Fortunately, I still had the AC-4 rebuild kit from the Heathkit shop which I purchased from Mike at Dayton in 2007! (lucky for me the HV went before the bias!) I installed it this morning and the problem is solved. The finals are still a bit soft as I can manage about 100 watts output on most bands, so I'll keep my eyes open for a new set of 6JB6's. Many thanks to Gary and all the tips on keeping the Drake's percolating. See you on the bands,

73 de W4DL   Mike
ex AK7P * WA9SWF * WN9SWF

PS: Terry, no need to sent the tubes..thanks.