I ran multiple A and B lines 24/7 back in the 60s for autostart RTTY nodes.

The transmitters ran full power, approximately 125W output on 14.075 MHz, often with relay transmissions of 30 minutes or more key down. Each transmitter had a small fan mounted on the back of the final cage, blowing out of course. We didn't have the vast supply of computer fans then, so these were 115 VAC fans, but were slower, almost silent in operation. Even after a long transmission you could comfortably rest your hand on the cabinet above the finals, which is very UN comfortable in typical CW or SSB operation without a fan. It doesn't take a lot of air, just a gentle breeze to push the hot air away from the cabinet.

Final tubes would last about two years, with "end of life" determined when the output on 20M dropped to 100W. They were only $6 for a matched pair, so it wasn't a big deal......

Incidentally, over a 5-7 year period, three stations, running 24/7, only one failure occurred. A 12BY7 filament failed.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line & TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Don Cunningham wrote:
In my past, I used Drake twins on RTTY and ran two 115v fans in series, one over the final compartment and one over the PTO area to draw out the heat. They turn slowly, but fast enough to aid the natural convection, and I never had any trouble with excess heat. Of course, I was running the T4XB at about 50w out, not full bore, hi. If you can find them, 230v fans on 115v will start and run slowly for quietness too.
73,
Don, WB5HAK