???? I found a beautiful R4b ,bought the rig and found the dial is cracked and
some of the dial markings long gone. I have a NOS dial that came with the
radio. I have read everything I could fine ,mostly on pto rebuilding where they
covered removing the pto and thus the dial also. I did this last year on a
Kenwood 830,went pretty well. The assembly? dial and pto on the Drake looks
100% more complicated? than the 830. The pictures and the write ups I read
,shows me the writer had a lot of experience and had done it lots of times.

???? I guess my question is this a job that is easier than it looks?or should
be left to someone who does this all the time.I have no problem trouble
shooting or aligning the drakes but this looks to me like trying to rebuild a
automatic transmission, with pliers even if you a good mechanic. Sure would
like to hear from some of you that did the dial replacement thing.

thanks for any guidance on this. I don't want to mess up a otherwise fine rig.

thanks

dale wt4t