Everyone!

thanks for all the input... like I said in my first post, this is a conceptual design.

right now, there's not enough room to put the circuit on the ac4r pcb, it just won't fit.

I've been asked about a price, Well it is way to early for that. I don't have a clue, remember this is only a paper design.

To make the circuit stand alone, that's not going to work. You need to monitor the bias voltage so there has to be someway to do that, and I don't like the idea of breaking the radio cable and inserting a black box. If I used two connectors, and another hunk of wire, then perhaps, but that's a real cluster and the cost/benefit is not there. I mean, really do you want a black box and extra cables between the rig? Sounds like a PITA to me. I don't favor running a wire from the rig back to a black box either. That's just tacky.

And like I mentioned in my first post, if you indeed have done the upgrade, the chance of loosing the bias is very low, so this will be a project for those that still use the original version. However that being said, the bias protection circuit will require some wire cutting and working of the basic circuit. and if you're going to do that, you may as well put in the upgrade.

I'll work some more on the design. I have a un-touched ac4 and will break out the ruler and take some measurements.

the project continues...

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.