I just acquired another TR-3 with external VFO and power supply this time and
it is extremely good condition and works perfectly.

This encouraged me to try the old power supply from the one I am refurnishing
to power up the new serial number 6985. The power
supply works as it does power up the newest rig that is in really nice
condition.

However, the rig I am refurbishing SN100089 is not powering up with either
power supply. The only sign of life is the OA2 tube. No
other tubes light up with B+ and the OA2 looks pinkish.

So I am thinking it may be bad (gassy) but not sure since I dont have a tube
checker.

Bob AD5VJ