For AM, I use a Drake 2-A. It has switchable bandwidth of 2.4 or 4.8 kHz.I
have no experience with any Hammarlunds outside the SP-600, but I had a
2B, and it was the best for CW. I am needing to thin the herd again, and
am intersted in selling the 2-A, as I have a Mohawk and an R-390-A among
others.Private e-mail, and I can send pictures.
                                                         Joe W4AAB