Greetings Drake Aficionados,

I am working on a TR-4C and have run into a new problem (at least new to me)
that is baffling me. The problem involves the TR-4C tune-up. With the XMTR
GAIN at full CCW, I am seeing full full power output of 180 watts on 80M. As
I increase the gain the power output goes down to its lowest point (almost
like a dip) at about the 8 o'clock position and then begins increasing again
to the normal saturation point at about 11 o'clock. Power out at that
position is again about 180 watts and tune-up is also normal at this point.
The problem seems to be appearing on all bands. The neutralization is good.
Operating on SSB, CW and AM are all normal and sound good while listening on
a second receiver. Other than this problem the TR-4C seems to be running
well.

Any words of wisdom out there on this problem?

Thanks and happy new year to the Drakelist.

Tom Delano, W1CC