Hello to the group,

Question one.
It appears that if one pulls the plastic end caps from the front panel, has
 the top cover and bottom panel removed, have the DR7 board out,  then
pulls  two of the three screws on each side that the front panel will pull open
like a  horizontal hinge......do you have to pull the band switch shaft to
the rear to  clear ?
Will the PTO also swing up?
Will this allow access to the mode switch mounting point AND allow me to
lube the latching mechanism ?

Question two.
In reference to Garey Barrells (K4OAH) archived comments on  reflowing the
main board pin solder, if you have done so, did you have the main  board
removed (my guess) , or try to do between the metal  partitions?

Don't you just love basket cases..   Carl  WD8NHK