I think a lotta people just removed and by-passed the signal overload bulb
because of poor contact.  I have one on the slab right now, and it has no
bulb.

Also, about 99% of everything I know about Drake Transceivers I got from Garey
and others on this reflector over the years !!!  They are great teachers.

mark