Paul -

A T-4XB with good finals should put out about 130 W in TUNE position on 80, 40 and 20. 120W on 15 and 110 on 10. This is into a good dummy load, with an accurate wattmeter. These power levels are limited by ALC, you'll notice that the power increases linearly as you increase the GAIN, but "flattens out" at about these levels. On CW, more power can be obtained by further LOADing as ALC is NOT active on CW. Typically 150W on 40M.

If the dial is discolored by UV exposure, there is not much you can do about it. If it's a nicotine coating, GoJo White Hand Cleaner _"MIGHT"_ take it off without removing the numbers as well. I've never tried it though. Another possibility is to use one of the clear discs found at the top and bottom of stacks of recordable CDs. Scanning your dial, or another good one, printing it on clear label material and sticking them together. Again, I've not tried it, but is what I would try, given the need.

Be sure and let us know of any successes, (or failures!,) you may have.

Drake 2-B, 4-B, C-Line&  TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>

Paul Gerhardt wrote:
1. How much power should a good T4Xb put out into a dummy load in CW key down?
2. Has anyone ever cleaned a partly 'yellowed' round dial (the part
with the numbers on it)?

Thanks and 73's
Paul
K3PG